Metron

Metron

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Meanwhile, in Gotham City ... er ... KickStarter City



Wow!! It's been a long time.

Far too long, in fact. Time to blow the dust off this place, and get posting, again. This blog place was started on a whim, a mere whim I tell ya, but even that's no excuse to abandon a blog that holds such potential to...uh.....to...uh....to do what, exactly?

I remember saying something about a super villain lair, but then Starbreaker and Mordru showed up, and the next thing that I know, I was off trying to create a magazine of some sort.

Silly me.

But, now, I'm back. BACK, I SAY!!

Back with a vengeance.

Vengeance is mine, saith the LORD. OK, so vengeance is out. Let's just agree that I'm back, and leave it at that. Deal??

No! Wait!! If I wanted to leave it at that, then I wouldn't have fired the old blog's engine up, now would I? Oh, sure, it's sputtering, right now, but just wait until you see it flying. Just you wait and see/

What's that? Oh...You'll wait and see, eh? Fine, have it your way, just don't let it be said that nobody ever told you that I was back.

Oh, and did I mention, I've recently been taking an extended tour through KickStarter City?

I don't even have a KickStarter project, nor do I have a plan for one in the works. But, I have been busy trying to learn a little more about that medium, and going forward, you'll probably see me begin to explain what I have learned along the way.

You don't have to be the world's greatest detective to figure out that I have something under my sleeve. Hey, super villain lair, remember?

Anyway, KickStarter reminds me of Gotham City, somewhat. It has the upscale element of society (such as the Bruce Waynes of the world), and it has a seedier side - aka, the failures, as in KickStarter projects that failed. Touring the projects conjures up images of J.J. and Florida Evans. Those were good times, to be sure. But, like I was saying, whatever else that you may feel about it, KickStarter is a colorful place, to say the least.

Lots of colorful characters - many of which are seeking to fund comic book projects of their very own.

Of course, it's a lot easier to find a good comic book project on KickStarter to back, than it is to find a really definitive image of Gotham City on the Internet.

The Joker, Batman's arch-villain, personifies the bad side of Gotham City come to life, and run through a magnifying glass. Gotham City is a character unto itself, an entity that broods and looms over all who inhabit it.

How much of the KickStarter entity, the one that broods and looms over all KickStarter projects and their respective creators, will YOUR next KickStarter project reflect, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment